Kick ass in combat boots

Without a doubt, the most important accessory for guys and girls is a great pair of shoes. In the fall and winter it is of the utmost importance to have a good pair of sturdy shoes for everyday wear. The perfect pick? Combat boots.

I have had three pairs of Dr. Martens in my life. I buy a pair, wear them every single day for two years until they almost literally fall apart, then buy another pair. I’m not suggesting you go to these extremes in your combat boot-wearing ways, but I do suggest you invest in a good pair.

When buying combat boots, keep a few things in mind.

1. Stay away from suede. It’s adorable but falls apart immediately if wet.
  2. Depending on how often you want to wear them, think about your options regarding purchasing real or faux leather. Real leather boots like Doc Martens and Steve Maddens are great, but you also need to leather treat them or they will get ruined in the rain. Fake leather can also be really nice and actually hold up better in wet weather. It’s all about what look you’re going for and how much you want to invest.
  3. The perfect casual boot falls somewhere between mid-calf and the ankle bone. For girls, boots that hit right at the ankle bone are absolutely adorable but aren’t always appropriate for everyday wear.
  4. As far as colors and patterns, stick with the classics if you want to get a few years’ use out of them. Solid basics like black, navy blue, gray, dark red and combat green are always safe bets.

Bonus: You’ll feel super cool wearing combat boots.

— Alix Kramer

Kick ass in combat boots