Blotter: Sept. 26

Woman robbed at gunpoint near CTA station

An Evanston woman was robbed at gunpoint Monday night near the South Boulevard CTA station, according to police.

At about 10:25 p.m., two teens approached the 33-year-old woman after she left the station near the intersection of South Boulevard and Custer Avenue, Evanston Police Cmdr. Jay Parrott said. One of them pulled a strap of the purse off her shoulder while the other showed her a handgun.

The teens took the woman’s purse then fled east on South Boulevard, Parrott said.

He said the woman was not hurt. Her purse contained two pairs of sunglasses and her wallet.

The woman described the teen with the handgun as black, 5 foot 10 and wearing a red hooded sweatshirt with black and white stripes and dark pants.

Man charged in store attack

An Evanston man has been charged with attacking a store employee who tried to stop him from stealing a cell phone earlier this month, according to police.

Parrott said Jeffrey Marshall, 35, tried to take the phone at about  5 p.m. Sept. 2 at the business in the 1900 block of Howard Street. The 59-year-old worker tried to grab the phone back, and Marshall, of the 1900 block of Howard Street, pushed the employee, leaving her with a minor injury to her left finger.

Detectives issued a wanted bulletin based off video surveillance, Parrott said. Marshall was arrested Tuesday .

He was charged with battery and is scheduled to appear in court Oct. 11.

— Patrick Svitek