Northwestern names IMC alumna to new marketing post

Northwestern announced Thursday that a prominent alumna will fill a newly-created position to lead the University’s international marketing efforts.

Mary Baglivo (Medill ’81) will be NU’s first vice president for global marketing and chief marketing officer. Baglivo previously served as CEO of communications agencies, including Saatchi & Saatchi.  

“Mary will bring tremendous insights and extensive experience to Northwestern’s global marketing and branding efforts,” University President Morton Schapiro said in a news release. “I’m very pleased to have her join the leadership of the University, and I look forward to having the benefit of her expertise.”

The new position is part of the University’s efforts to brand the school both in the United States and abroad. Baglivo will work with academic and administrative offices “to coordinate and provide direction for marketing efforts throughout the University,” Provost Daniel Linzer said in the release.

Baglivo holds a master’s degree in integrated marketing communications from Medill. She has previously served as an NU trustee and on the Medill dean’s advisory board.

“I’m very excited to join the Northwestern leadership team and to reapply my experience to help accelerate the success of this great mission-driven University,” Baglivo said.

— Amy Whyte