Journalist Christine Brennan, Coca-Cola executive Steven Cahillane among 7 named trustees

Joseph Diebold, Campus Editor

USA Today sports columnist Christine Brennan (Medill ’80, ’81) and Coca-Cola Americas president Steven Cahillane (Weinberg ’87) were named to the Northwestern Board of Trustees, along with five others, the University announced today.

Northwestern Memorial HealthCare president and CEO Dean Harrison, General Dynamics chairman and CEO Phebe Novakovic, CF Industries Holdings CEO Stephen Wilson (Weinberg ’70, Kellogg ’74) and private investors Kip Kirkpatrick (Weinberg ’94, Kellogg ’97) and Muneer Satter (Weinberg ’83) were also named trustees.

Brennan, a member of the Medill School of Journalism Hall of Achievement, has covered the last 15 Olympic Games and twice been named one of the nation’s top 10 sports columnists by the Associated Press Sports Editors. She has also contributed to ABC News, CNN and PBS NewsHour.

Cahillane leads Coca-Cola Americas, the company’s operations in North America and South America. The University said the field in NU’s new lakeside athletic complex will be named Wilson Field after Wilson and his wife gave a “significant gift” to NU.

Three current trustees — Nicholas Chabraja (Weinberg ’64, Law ’67), Dennis Chookaszian (McCormick ’65) and Lee Mitchell — were named Life Trustees.

— Joseph Diebold

About the Writer
Joseph Diebold, Web Editor

Joseph Diebold is one of The Daily's managing editors and a Weinberg junior. His past positions include Campus editor, Opinion editor and Web editor. He...