Blotter: April 12

Ciara McCarthy, Assistant City Editor

Chicago man charged with trespassing at St. Francis Hospital

Evanston Police arrested a Chicago man Thursday morning in connection with criminal trespassing at St. Francis Hospital.

The 51-year-old man was allegedly causing a disturbance at the hospital, 355 Ridge Ave., around 2 a.m. and refused to leave after being asked several times, Evanston Police Cmdr. Jay Parrott said. He also appeared to be intoxicated, and police said they didn’t know why he was in Evanston or the hospital.

The man is scheduled to appear in court May 16.

Thief steals jewelry from south Evanston apartment

Someone stole a wooden jewelry box Monday containing miscellaneous jewelry from an apartment in south Evanston, police said.

The theft occurred between 6:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. in an apartment in the 1000 block of Cleveland Street, Parrott said. The box belongs to a 49-year-old Evanston woman and was taken from the bedroom, Parrott said. There were no signs of forced entry, and all doors and windows were locked, Parrott said. The woman said no one else had access to her keys. The box and its contents were valued at about $150, Parrott said.

About the Writer
Ciara McCarthy, In Focus Editor
Ciara is a Weinberg senior majoring in American Studies. Her past positions at The Daily include editor in chief, managing editor, city editor and reporter. The Bethesda, Maryland native is also a Brady Scholar in Ethics and Civic Life. She previously interned for Slate and The Marshall Project. You can reach Ciara via Twitter or...