Blotter: Nov. 16

Chicago resident arrested in connection to resisting loss prevention agent’s detainment

A 29-year-old Chicago resident was arrested Tuesday at Jewel-Osco, 2485 Howard St., in connection to fighting and resisting detainment from the store’s loss prevention agent.

The woman attempted to leave the store with food and cosmetic products worth about $153 without paying. When the woman was stopped by the store’s loss prevention agent, she began resisting and fighting. The victim suffered a bite in the right thumb, a laceration on the right ear and several cuts to the face after trying to detain the women. The women is charged with one felony count of aggravated battery and one misdemeanor count of retail theft, Evanston Police Cmdr. Jay Parrott said.

Evanston resident loses iPad at church

A 48-year-old Evanston resident lost her Apple iPad last Friday between 9 and 9:30 p.m. at the First Church of God, 1524 Simpson St.

The woman reported that her iPad was taken from a church pew, but no further details were disclosed. The iPad has an estimated value of $729, Parrott said.

Northwestern staff member loses purse, valuables at Tech

Someone took a Northwestern employee’s purse Tuesday between 11:30 and 11:45 a.m. in a office in the F wing of the Technological Institute.

Following the woman’s tracking of her iPhone, University Police moved to the F wing and plaza area but could not find the purse, said University Police Cmdr. Darren Davis. Upon reviewing video surveillance of the F wing exit, officers viewed a woman carrying a purse that matched the description of the University employee’s. The victim’s purse was found at 1:30 p.m. in a stairwell by her co-workers and returned to the lost and found. The employee’s house keys and iPhone were found in the purse, but her wallet and car keys remain missing. The investigation is still pending with no suspects, Davis said.

— Ina Yang

View Nov. 16 in a larger map