Tickets for A&O Ball and speaker still on sale

Jillian Sandler

Tickets to the A&O Ball and speaker are still on sale at the Norris Box Office website, according to Elsa Stahura, A&O’s co-director of promotions and public relations. In recent years, the shows have sold out more quickly.

The price of each event is $10, but students can save $5 by purchasing A&O ticket bundles, which gains them admission to both events for $15.

Stahura wrote in an email to The Daily on Sunday that A&O doesn’t release ticket sale numbers, but said students have responded well to the ticket bundles.

“Students have really appreciated the fact that they can see two different shows while saving $5,” Stahura wrote.

Still, Stahura noted that many students have been purchasing individual tickets to the shows.

The A&O Ball, which will take place Saturday at the Riviera Theater, will open with Wu-Tang Clan’s Method Man and feature collaborative DJ duo Major Lazer as the headliner. This year’s A&O speaker, John Oliver, a stand-up comedian and actor who has appeared on NBC’s “Community” and “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,” will take the stage April 20 at Pick-Staiger Concert Hall.

Last year’s A&O Ball, headlined by mash-up artist Girl Talk, sold out during the first weekend of ticket sales.

According to Stahura, tickets for this year’s events will be available online until Friday at 11:59 p.m.

Safiya Merchant contributed reporting.

– Jillian Sandler

About the Writer
Jillian Sandler, Development and Recruitment Editor

Jillian Sandler was a Development and Recruitment editor of The Daily. Her other past positions include Opinion editor, Campus editor and copy chief. She...