Blotter: Jan. 10

An Evanston resident, wanted by the Chicago Police Department for burglary, was arrested at his Evanston home Thursday after allegedly trying to break into a house in Evanston, according to an EPD news release issued Monday.

Officers responded to a burglary in progress Thursday at approximately 6 p.m. and found a witness that later identified Bobby Weatherspoon, 42, as the man who tried to break into a house on the 800 block of Grey Avenue.

Weatherspoon was arrested at his home approximately 30 minutes later and was charged with criminal damage to property.

Evanston officers handed Weatherspoon over to CPD, who then charged him with burglary in connection with a previous incident in Chicago.

The news release said Weatherspoon’s arrest “leads police to believe he may be linked to several Evanston residential burglaries,” but also clarified he has not been charged with any other crimes.

No EPD spokespeople were available Monday afternoon to clarify which burglaries may be connected to Weatherspoon.

There were two other instances of residential burglary reported over the weekend, according to the daily crime bulletins on the EPD website.

An unknown offender broke a window and entered a house on 1400 block of Florence Avenue some time between Jan. 2 and Jan. 7. The offender stole a laptop computer, a watch, a video camera and several pieces of gold and silver jewelry..

Another burglary occurred on the 200 block of Emerson Street on Sunday. The unidentified offender entered a garage through an open door and stole a snow blower and a power generator.

View Jan. 10 in a larger map