Blotter 5/26: Evanston boy batters classmate

Evanston boy batters classmate

The father of a 13-year-old Evanston boy called police Saturday afternoon to report that his son was struck by a known offender, Evanston Police Cmdr. James Elliot said.

The battered boy reported he was at the McGaw YMCA, 1000 Grove St., when a 12-year-old classmate struck him on the back of his head. The boy said they had argued over a basketball game.

The boy’s father, who had been at the scene of the battery, stated he didn’t want police to take action against the offender and that he only wanted the incident documented, Elliot said. The boy had no visible injuries and did not require medical attention.

Evanston girl slaps acquaintance

A 13-year-old Evanston girl slapped a 15-year-old girl on Dodge Avenue after arguing Wednesday.

The 15-year-old told police she had accused the offender of taking her iPod touch, which instigated the argument, Elliot said. The offender allegedly threatened to slap the victim, following the threat with striking the victim on the right side of her face.

The victim had no visible signs of injury, and the offender was gone upon the police’s arrival. Juvenile detectives will follow up with the case.

Maryland woman attempts theft in downtown Evanston

Christina Lee of West Friendship, Md., was arrested for shoplifting on Wednesday.

Police responded to Urban Outfitters, 921 Church St., after an employee reported they had an offender in custody for shoplifting, Elliot said.

The employee told police the offender had set off the merchandise alarm at the entrance. When she confronted Lee, Lee opened her shoulder bag and showed 10 items of clothing she admitted concealing without paying for. The total value of the items is $211.