Blotter 4/5: Teenagers rob man on CTA Purple Line

A man was using his Apple laptop computer on a northbound CTA Purple Line train Thursday when a teenager punched him in the forehead, took the computer and exited the train, police said.

The attack and robbery occurred at the South Blvd. train station around 4 p.m. A second teenager assisted the subject by holding the train door open. The victim told police he saw a third teenager join the two subjects as they ran out of the train station, Evanston Police Cmdr. Tom Guenther said.

Evanston police later located the three subjects on the corner of Howard and Paulina streets in Chicago. The officers proceeded to chase down the suspects and were able to detain two of them. Police are currently searching for the third subject.

Upon a search of one subject’s backpack, police recovered the victim’s laptop computer.

Both juveniles are charged with robbery.

Road rage results in dented door

Evanston Police responded to the 1000 block of Davis Street after receiving a report of extreme road rage Saturday evening, Guenther said.

The victim was driving west on Davis Street when the car behind him cut him off. The victim proceeded to slam on his breaks to avoid an accident and honked his car’s horn. Shortly after, the driver of the other car pulled over and approached the victim. While screaming obscenities at the victim, the subject kicked the driver side rear door of the victim’s car, leaving a dent. The subject left the area before police arrived.

– Rebecca Gausnell