Blotter: Gas valve malfunction, student transported to Evanston Hospital

Grace Johnson

Drain valve causes reports of natural gas leak in PancoeUniversity Police responded to reports of a smell of natural gas emitting from a classroom in the Pancoe-Evanston Northwestern Healthcare Life Sciences Pavilion, 2200 Campus Drive , Tuesday evening, University Police Deputy Chief Dan McAleer said.The Evanston fire department and Facilities Management determined a leaky drain valve caused the smell in classroom 4327.Authorities determined the threat to be unfounded, as the valve was not leaking natural gas, McAleer said.Northwestern student taken to hospital after feeling dizzy, numbA male NU student at the Donald P. Jacobs Center, 2001 Sheridan Road , reported feeling numbness and dizziness Wednesday evening, UP said.The student met officers at the corner of Foster Street and Sheridan Road where he was transported by paramedics to Evanston Hospital.