Police discover three bodies in Evanston home

The bodies of three dead siblings have sat inside an Evanston home for “some time,” police said Friday evening.

But police don’t suspect any foul play, Evanston Police Department Cmdr. Tom Guenther said. It remains unclear how long the three have been dead or how they died, he said.

Police discovered the bodies at 10:15 a.m. Friday when they arrived at the home on the 1200 block of Judson Avenue, according to an EPD release. The officers were called to the scene by a City of Evanston Senior Advocate who was informed by a fourth sibling who currently lives in the home.

The three bodies, found in different parts of the home, were covered by blankets, Guenther said in a press conference Friday evening. The ages and genders are not known, but all are believed to be “up there” in age, he said.

The fourth sibling, a woman around 90 years old, “neglected to report the deaths of her family members,” the release said. Away from the home as police investigate, the woman has been lucid and cooperative, Guenther said.

The bodies will remain in the home for “awhile,” as the deaths are investigated, said Guenther, who emphasized that it is not a homicide investigation.

“This incident should not produce any undue concern for neighbors,” he said. “There’s no evidence of foul play.”