City Council approves $800,000 settlement over Fountain Square leaks, discusses leaf blower ordinance amendments

Man of the Year: Jason Wright

We picked Jason Wright as the Daily Sports Man of the Year so we could tell you about how he’s got all the Wright moves and always has the Wright response. And on the football field he’s Wright on.

We don’t know who’s more sad about Wright leaving, the football team or us because we won’t get to put him in our headlines anymore.

The second-team All-Big Ten running back ran for 1388 yards and made Big Ten defenders look like Caleb Nichols when Jimmy Cooper and Sandy Cohen were through with him. Remember at Illinois when almost every time he touched the ball he gained a first down?

When the line made a hole for him, he found it. And when they didn’t, he’d let them know what they missed — you can do it when you’re Wright.

But when he wasn’t playing football or singing gospel songs in the locker room, Jason Wright was studying for his MCATs. Yeah, those MCAT skills will come in really handy on the 49ers’ sideline next year.

Maybe if he didn’t spend so much time at the library he could’ve worked on one thing he never quite accomplished — Wrighting his wrongs and running fast.