ASG to seek interim secretary, liaisons, committee members

Associated Student Government officers will interview candidates this week to find an interim secretary parliamentarian for Senate meetings during Fall Quarter, when one Executive Board member’s leave of absence will alter board positions.

While Noreen Khalid, Rules Committee chairwoman, will be in New York for Fall Quarter for an internship, current Secretary/Parliamentarian Matt Hall will take her post. Speaker of the Senate Kawika Pierson will help Hall lead the committee. The student serving in the interim position will take minutes at Senate meetings but will not attend Executive Board meetings. When Khalid returns during Winter Quarter, she and Hall will return to their original positions.

Interested students should e-mail Khalid by 5 p.m. today and will be interviewed Tuesday by ASG’s parliamentary body, comprising Khalid, Hall and Pierson.

The ASG Constitution and Bylaws specifies procedure for resignation, but Khalid, a Communication junior, is taking a leave of absence. Khalid served as secretary/parliamentarian earlier this year before being appointed as rules chairwoman in February to replace Communication junior Jason Warren, who resigned.

ASG also is taking applications for an Evanston business liaison, a City Council liaison and various committees. Applications for the liaison positions are due Tuesday to External Relations Chairwoman Jane Lee’s mailbox in the ASG office on the third floor of Norris University Center. Applications for university committees are due by 5 p.m. Thursday to ASG President Mike Fong’s mailbox. Any undergraduate student may apply for the spots.

For a list of committees and for applications, go to ASG’s Web site link on HereAndNow.