Deliveryman robbed of pizza, cash in 4th attack in 3 weeks

Another pizza delivery person was attacked Thursday, police said.

A Domino’s Pizza employee was delivering a pizza on the 1800 block of Darrow Avenue when he was approached by an unknown man with a 4-inch knife, said Cmdr. Michael Perry of Evanston Police Department.

The man demanded the pizza, and the Domino’s employee handed it over, Perry said.

The attacker fled with a large pepperoni pizza and a red pizza bag, worth a total of $31.85, Perry said.

The deliveryman was not injured.

This is the fourth attack and the third robbery of a deliveryman in three weeks. The latest attack also is the second such incident at this location.

Police also responded to a disturbance call in the area earlier Thursday, Perry said.

On Nov. 1, a Domino’s employee was attacked while delivering a pizza to the same address on Darrow Avenue.

According to police, a man wearing a blue baseball cap emerged from between two buildings and displayed a knife. The man demanded the pizza, the victim handed it over and the offender left the scene.

“I don’t know if these are the same offenders,” Perry said.

He said small discrepancies in the descriptions make it difficult to relate the events.

The suspect in the Nov. 1 attack is described as a being slightly shorter and smaller in build than the suspect in Thursday’s attack.

In a previous incident, a Little Caesar’s Pizza employee was attacked Nov. 4 while delivering a pizza on the 800 block of Seward Street, Perry said. The pizza and $500 was taken.

The deliveryman was attacked from behind after being distracted by a person pretending to be a customer. He was hit repeatedly but not injured.

On Oct. 31, a Giordano’s deliveryman was threatened with a knife when he tried to stop several youths from egging his car.

Nothing was taken in this incident.

Police still are investigating the events.