Communication Prof. Nina Kraus wins 2022 Alumnae Award

Daily file photo by Esther Lim

Nina Kraus’ work has focused on music, concussion science, aging, and neuroeducation in the auditory learning field.

Davis Giangiulio, Assistant Campus Editor

Communication Prof. Nina Kraus received the Alumnae of Northwestern University’s 2022 Alumnae Award for her work on auditory learning and neuroscience research, the University announced Thursday.

The award, created in 1976, recognizes women’s professional achievements. The Alumnae of NU is an all-volunteer group of women who raise funds for research and projects at the University. 

“As the 46th recipient of our Alumnae Award, Nina will join a distinguished group of women bringing honor to Northwestern,” the group’s president Carol Willis said in a news release.  

Kraus’s work has focused on music, concussion science, aging and neuroeducation in the auditory learning field. 

The Alumnae wrote in its award announcement that Kraus’ scholarship looks into how sound affects more than just the ears and examines its effects on people’s thoughts and movements.

“This award is not about me,” Kraus said in the news release. “It honors the work we do — sound touches everything we care about — and the people who do it.”

Twitter: @GiangiulioDavis