Blotter: Man arrested for assault after threatening ex-girlfriend with gun, man arrested for possession of cannabis

Natalie Chun, Reporter

A 24-year-old man was arrested Wednesday in connection with an assault on the 1100 block of Emerson Street.

A 21-year-old woman reported the incident around 8:10 p.m. on Wednesday. She said that she was walking with a friend near the 900 block of Davis Street when she saw her ex-boyfriend, said Perry Polinski, Evanston police communications coordinator.

The man followed the two to the 800 block of Davis Street and made verbal and threatening statements and gestures, Polinski said. The man implied that he had a hand gun. He then got into a car and left the scene. The woman gave a description of the man and car.

Police stopped the man using that description at the 1100 block of Emerson Street. No gun was found but he was arrested.

Man arrested for possession of cannabis

An 18-year-old man was arrested Thursday in connection with possession of cannabis near the 2100 block of Emerson Street.

A car was pulled over around 6 p.m. on Thursday after rolling through a stop sign. The officer noticed a strong odor after coming up to the car, and searched the vehicle. The search yielded 39 grams of cannabis, a digital scale, baggies and about $800 in cash, Polinski said.

Further investigation linked one of the passengers to the cannabis and other items, and he was arrested. The driver of the car, a 19-year-old man, was arrested and charged with driving without a valid driver’s license.