Blotter: Electronic devices, cash stolen from sushi restaurant

Clare Proctor, Assistant City Editor

The head chef and assistant manager of Coast Sushi & Sashimi reported Wednesday that the restaurant, located in the 2500 block of Prairie Avenue, was robbed.

The burglary occurred between 10:30 p.m. Tuesday and 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. The restaurant employee told Evanston Police Department officers that someone took two Samsung tablets and an iPod touch from the restaurant, in addition to an unknown amount of cash, EPD Cmdr. Ryan Glew said.

The employee noted that the rear door was unlocked, Glew said, and the alarm system and video cameras were not activated. There are no suspects and no one in custody, Glew added.

Electronic devices, cash stolen from sushi restaurant

An Evanston resident reported there had been four packages stolen from his apartment in the 1000 block of Main Street since he moved to Evanston last December.

The man told the EPD that two packages containing PlayStation 3 games, a total value of $100, had been stolen Dec. 20. Around Jan. 1, another package containing a Banana Republic shirt, valued at $100, was taken. A fourth package was taken on Feb. 19, containing a PlayStation 3 game worth $50.

Glew said the man did not report the previous thefts because his packages were insured through Amazon, but he decided to contact the police after a third video game was stolen.

There are no suspects and no one is in custody, Glew said.

Twitter: @ceproctor23