Blotter: Apple products stolen from Best Buy in Evanston

Ashley Capoot, Reporter

Two men stole more than $8,000 worth of Apple products from a Best Buy near the 2300 block of Howard Street on Tuesday.

A 26-year-old man reported the incident and told Evanston Police Department officers that the men took the devices from the display tables and ran out of the store.

The men stole two iPads, two iPad Pros, an Apple Watch Series 4, an Apple Watch Series 3, an Apple Watch, an iPhone 8, an iPhone X, an iPhone XS and two iPhone XRs, Evanston Police Cmdr. Ryan Glew said.

Security footage recorded the two men as they left the store and got in the rear of a silver Dodge Avenger.

Cmdr. Glew said the car has since been tied to three other identical thefts in Valparaiso, Indiana; Highland, Indiana and Champaign, Illinois.

Laptop computer missing

A 21-year-old man reported Tuesday that his MacBook Pro was stolen after he left it in the backseat of a Lyft car.

The man told Evanston Police Department officers that he got a Lyft ride from Chicago O’Hare International Airport to 629 Church St. and left his laptop in the car by mistake. He has tried to contact the driver but has not gotten a response, Glew said.

The vehicle was a black Lincoln with an Illinois license plate, but there is no one in custody, he added.

Twitter: @ashleycapoot