Blotter: Woman arrested for reckless conduct

Cameron Cook, Assistant Campus Editor

Evanston Police Department officers arrested a 20-year-old woman on Wednesday morning after she turned herself in for an accusation of reckless conduct.

On Oct. 27, the woman pulled her car up next to an Evanston resident, who was riding his bike, at the corner of Sheridan Road and Ridge Avenue in north Evanston, said Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew.

“She began yelling profanities at him and gave him the finger,” Glew said. “I assume that means the middle finger.”

The woman pulled forward and hit the man’s rear bike tire, causing him to fall onto the street. She then drove away, Glew said.

The man reported the car make and license plate to the EPD, and picked the woman out of a lineup, Glew said. Once contacted, she arrived at the station and turned herself in, he added.

Stereo equipment and collectibles stolen from apartment

EPD officers on Wednesday evening responded to a report of a burglary in the 700 block of Hinman Avenue in south Evanston.

The 61-year-old resident told officers a speaker dock, some collectible trains and collectible airplanes were stolen. Other items, such as a coin collection, were touched but left behind, Glew said.

Officers found a damaged screen on a window in the back of the kitchen, through which the person presumably gained access to the apartment, Glew added.

Twitter: @cam_e_cook