MOD Pizza tries to fill the void that was once the Kiln

MOD+Pizza%2C+on+the+ground+floor+of+Norris+University+Center%2C+as+it+tries+to+fill+the+void+that+was+once+The+Kiln.++

Colin Boyle / Daily Senior Staffer

MOD Pizza, on the ground floor of Norris University Center, as it tries to fill the void that was once The Kiln.

Alan Perez, Campus Editor

If you’ve been missing The Kiln, you might be in luck. MOD Pizza opened this week on the ground floor of the Norris University Center, hoping to take the place of the once-beloved made-to-order pizza joint.

The Seattle-based chain is taking over a corner of the ground floor where seating, computers and a printing station used to sit. The Norris location offers pizza, salads, garlic bread and several beverages.

MOD will operate much like the Kiln did — start with your choice of crust and add an unlimited amount of toppings before your pizza’s fired up. A regular crust MOD will set you back just under $10 after tax, though signature options are also available.

But how does it compare to The Kiln?

“It’s pretty expensive. I don’t think it’s worth 10 dollars,” McCormick junior Hannah Kim said. “The food overall, it’s not bad, it’s pretty good. But it’s so expensive, ridiculously expensive.”

McCormick junior Raymond Lee also said he’s not impressed.

“There’s an actual MOD Pizza in my hometown and it doesn’t taste close to the same as this,” Lee said. “I’ve had MOD in my hometown before and it’s not the same.”

Amy Li contributed reporting.

Twitter: @_perezalan_