Blotter: Burglary reported at childcare facility

Julia Esparza, Assistant City Editor

An employee of Childtime daycare reported a burglary at the facility Wednesday.

The Skokie resident said she arrived at the daycare in the 300 block of Ridge Avenue about 6:10 a.m. and found a camera and laptop missing from the building, Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew said. The woman said the facility was thought to have been closed and secured at 6:35 p.m. the night before. She said the burglary must have occured between closing and her arriving the next day.

She told police that after checking the buildings doors a second time, she found two had not been shut all the way and that may have been how the burglar entered the building. Police did not find any signs of forced entry.

There were no children in the building at the time, Glew said. Nothing else was discovered missing.

Glew said there were no security cameras on the premises and police do not have any suspects.

Women reports aggravated and sexual assaults Wednesday

Police arrested a 21-year-old Evanston resident in connection with violating an order of protection at about 5 p.m. Wednesday.

Police responded to an incident involving aggravated assault and sexual assault that occurred at a home in the 1700 block of Monroe Street. Police were called to Skokie Hospital on Wednesday night to respond to an 18-year-old Glenview woman who is believed to be the victim of the assaults, Glew said.

Glew said when police arrived at the hospital, the woman did not want to press charges. He said drugs were involved in the altercation.

Police charged the man with violating an order of protection.

Twitter: @juliaesparza10