Blotter: Man charged with possession of marijuana with intent to deliver

Julia Esparza, Assistant City Editor

Police recovered about 205 grams of marijuana when they pulled over a car for violating traffic laws Tuesday.

At 3:25 p.m. police pulled over a man driving in the 1400 block of Noyes Street for disobeying a stop sign. When officers approached the car, they smelled cannabis, Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew said. The 23-year-old Evanston resident then turned over 10 grams of marijuana and police, during a search of the vehicle, found about 195 more grams packaged in different bags, Glew said.

“Based on the amount of weed and how it was packaged, it was determined he intended to deliver,” Glew said.

Police also found $1,113 of U.S. currency in the vehicle.

The man received violations for disobeying a stop sign and not having a working brake light. He was also charged with driving with a suspended license and delivery of cannabis.

Woman arrested in connection with disorderly conduct in downtown Evanston

Police arrested a woman after several reports of disorderly conduct in downtown Evanston.

The 48-year-old Evanston resident entered Steven Papageorge Salon on Jan. 20 around 2:36 p.m. without an appointment and demanded attention, Glew said. She made a mess of the complementary drink station, insulted the manager and told her “you’re going to get bombed,” Glew said.

The salon manager filed a complaint with Evanston Police Department, but the woman was not arrested until Tuesday when police received other reports of disorderly conduct at Crossroads Trading Co., Starbucks and CVS.

Glew said this does not seem to be an isolated incident.

Police arrested the women and charged her with disorderly conduct.

Twitter: @juliaesparza10