Blotter: Juvenile charged with robbery

Sophie Mann and Amelia Langas

A 14-year-old juvenile was arrested and charged last Tuesday evening in connection with a robbery at Comix Revolution.

At 7:26 p.m., a 33-year-old male clerk at Comix Revolution in the 600 block of Davis Street observed a group of juveniles enter the store, Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said. The clerk saw one of them take two books — each valued at $15.99 — and exit the store without paying.

The clerk chased the juveniles to get the books back, Dugan said. When he caught up with them, he noticed another juvenile had stolen an action figure valued at $1. The 14-year-old Chicago resident who stole the books punched the clerk in the back, Dugan said, but the man was not injured.

Officers in the 1700 block of Maple Avenue saw a group of juveniles matching the description provided by the clerk when he called the police, Dugan said. The officers chased the juveniles, caught the 14-year-old and took him into custody.

He was charged with robbery, a felony.

Cicero woman charged with violation of city noise ordinance

A woman was arrested Friday morning in connection with violating a city noise ordinance in south Evanston.

The Cicero resident and her boyfriend were having an ongoing dispute in the 2000 block of Brummel Street, Dugan said. The woman was outside yelling and screaming, and she would not leave.

When officers attempted to calm her down, she continued screaming and attempted to spit on her boyfriend, Dugan said. After several warnings to quiet down, officers took her into custody and charged her with violating a local city noise ordinance.

Twitter: @sophiemmann

Twitter: @amelialangas