Linda Larkin named executive director of Evanston Chamber of Commerce

Syd Stone, Reporter

The Evanston Chamber of Commerce publicly named Linda Larkin as executive director on Wednesday, according to a news release.

Larkin has been a chamber member for 12 years and has lived in Evanston her whole life. She is the owner and co-founder of Lawrence Communications, Inc., an advertising and public relations agency. Larkin was also the chamber’s previous interim director and has served as a volunteer ambassador for the chamber, the news release said.

Board president Jim Schermerhorn announced the appointment in an email to the board on March 17.

“(The) Evanston Chamber of Commerce is already off to a good start in 2017, with many events full to capacity and run well with Linda as the Interim Executive Director,” he wrote in the email. “We can now move at a higher speed under Linda’s continued direction.”

Larkin’s appointment to the position marks the end of a search process led by past board president James Pepa, the executive committee of the Chamber of Commerce and membership volunteers, the release said.

“I look forward to working closely with our members to bring positive change to the chamber,” Larkin said in the release. “We will position the chamber to listen first to the needs of our members and then advocate for our business community.”

Larkin has previously worked at Foote, Cone & Belding, the Advertising Photographers of America, DHI Chicago and Cor Creative, Inc.

Twitter: @SydStone16