Police Blotter: Two vehicles stolen from dealership

Kristina Karisch, Assistant City Editor

Two cars were stolen from a garage in south Evanston on Monday. One of the cars is still missing.

At about 7:20 p.m. on Jan. 9, a car pulled up to the Autobarn garage, 1000 Chicago Ave., with five people in it, Evanston Police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said. Two of them exited the vehicle and entered the service garage. They then drove out with two customer-owned vehicles.

The owners of the two cars, a 2008 Nissan and a 2013 Nissan, were contacted, and the theft was recorded on video.

The 2013 Nissan was found unoccupied by police in the Bronzeville area of Chicago. The other vehicle is still missing, Dugan said.

Shots fired into home

Three bullets passed through the bedroom of a 38-year-old women in west Evanston on Tuesday night.

Officers were dispatched to the 1900 block of Foster Street just after 9 p.m., after it was reported that shots were fired in the area.

Four shots were heard. Three of them struck the woman’s bedroom window before hitting her ceiling, Dugan said. The gunshots also left a hole in the vinyl siding of her house. No one was struck or injured.

The woman told police she had been involved in a dispute, which she thinks is unrelated to the case, Dugan said.

Officers canvassed the area that night but were unable to find anything and handed the case over to detectives.

Twitter: @kristinakarisch