Captured: Wide Angle

Welcome to The Daily’s photo blog: Captured. This will be a space to share photos by The Daily’s staff as well as photos from members of our community. Students can submit entries to be considered from their classes, vacation or just from around NU by emailing [email protected].

In ‘Wide Angle,’ we’ll publish the best work from our photography desk every week. This week, we feature scenes from the weekend: Acapalooza, the “Best of the Midwest” a cappella invitational and DiwaliFest.

Several a cappella groups performed Nov. 4 at Acapalooza, an event held by Northwestern University Dance Marathon. Performers included X-Factors, Brown Sugar and Freshman Fifteen.
Jonathan Dai/The Daily Northwestern

Jonathan Dai/The Daily Northwestern

acapalooza3_jonathandai_webJonathan Dai/The Daily Northwestern

acapalooza4_jonathandai_webJonathan Dai/The Daily Northwestern

Students perform in “Best of the Midwest,” an annual a cappella invitational hosted by Purple Haze. Visiting schools included Northern Illinois University, Loyola University and the University of Chicago.
Jeremy Yu/The Daily Northwestern

bomw2_jeremyyu_webJeremy Yu/The Daily Northwestern

bomw3_jonathandai_webJeremy Yu/The Daily Northwestern

Students perform at DiwaliFest on Saturday. The festival of lights celebration was hosted by the South Asian Student Alliance and featured dance and music performances.
Jonathan Dai/The Daily Northwester

diwali2_jonathandai_webJonathan Dai/The Daily Northwester

diwali3_jonathandai_webJonathan Dai/The Daily Northwester

The Daily Northwestern > Captured