Evanston Community Foundation, DonorPath create fundraising project for Evanston nonprofits

Marissa Page, Assistant City Editor

The Evanston Community Foundation, in collaboration with fundraising consulting group DonorPath, will offer a program designed to help nonprofits grow their resources, the foundation announced Friday.

The Fundraising Readiness Project, which will undergo its pilot phase during May and June, is aimed toward helping local nonprofits develop and hone planning and fundraising skills, according to a news release. ECF, which has assets of approximately $20 million distributed across more than 80 funds, works to establish endowments for local organizations.

Marybeth Schroeder, ECF’s vice president of programs, said the foundation is excited to work with DonorPath to improve the structure within various Evanston organizations.

“We’re thrilled to be able to partner on this innovative project to address a core challenge of our local nonprofits,” Schroeder said in a news release.

Throughout the project, development consultants will work individually with nonprofit leaders to assess the current state of their fundraising and establish a year-long fundraising plan. There will be no cost to participants, according to ECF.

“When all nonprofits succeed — even the small ones — we create real impact for our communities,” DonorPath founder Brian Lauterbach said in the release. “The Fundraising Readiness Project is about embracing new realities and confronting these challenges head-on.”

An informational meeting on the Fundraising Readiness Project will take place Wednesday, April 29 at One Rotary Center, 1560 Sherman Ave., at 8:15 a.m.

Twitter: @marissahpage