Police Blotter: Nov. 11

Paige Leskin, City Editor

Puppy stolen Saturday from Evanston yard

An unknown person took a puppy from a yard near Evanston Township High School on Saturday afternoon, police said.

The puppy was stolen from a 55-year-old woman at a residence in the 1700 block of Dodge Avenue, Evanston police Cmdr. Jay Parrott said.

The woman said a man took the dog from the yard around 4 p.m. on Saturday and ran eastbound through a gangway near the residence, Parrott said. The man then ran toward the 1800 block of Lyons Street, where the woman lost sight of him.

The Evanston woman told police the man had come by the residence earlier that day asking to buy one of the puppies, but she had declined the offer, Parrott said.

Detectives are currently investigating the incident. They are reviewing video footage in the area to see if the incident was caught on tape, Parrott said.

Evanston man arrested in connection with battery

Police arrested a 40-year-old man Saturday in connection with the battery of a woman last month, authorities said.

In a report filed to police on Nov. 2, a Chicago woman said a man had approached her on Oct. 11 in the 1100 block of Clark Street and made inappropriate remarks to her, Parrott said.

The Evanston man then put his arms around the 48-year-old woman and groped her breasts, police said.

A detective followed up on the police report taken by a patrol officer. The detective’s investigation resulted in the arrest Saturday, Parrott said.

Police arrested the 40-year-old man Saturday around 11:50 a.m. in the 1400 block of Elmwood Avenue, police said. He was charged with misdemeanor battery, Parrott said. No sexual charges were included.

Twitter: @paigeleskin