Police Blotter: Nov. 7

Marissa Mizroch, Reporter

Construction site burglarized

A business under construction was burglarized earlier this week, police said.

Sometime between 4 p.m. on Tuesday and 6 a.m. on Wednesday, a container of electrical wires and two radiators were stolen from the 200 block of Hartrey Avenue, Evanston police Cmdr. Jay Parrott said.

Unknown people cut the lock to the fence on the rear side of the property and drove up to the site, Parrott said. The electrical wires had been removed as part of an ongoing renovation at the business, he said.

Both the wires and the radiators contained copper, which can be sold for scrap metal, Parrott said.

The wires stolen are worth about $1,000 and the radiators are worth around $300, police said.

Man arrested in connection with theft and possession of drug paraphernalia

Police charged a man Tuesday with felony theft and possession of drug paraphernalia in connection with the theft of a bike, police said.

Officers responded to a call in the 1500 block of Sherman Avenue after a witness reported a man stealing a bicycle attached to a bike rack on the sidewalk, Parrott said.

Officers touring the area located the 60-year-old man in the 800 block of Lake Street, Parrott said.

The witness to the theft identified the man as the person who stole the bike, Parrott said. The man had in his possession the bike, a bike light and cable lock, police said. Officers arrested the man in connection with the bike theft, he said.

Police also found a black metal crack cocaine pipe on the man, Parrott said.

The man was charged with a misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia count and a felony count of theft due to a prior conviction, Parrott said.

Twitter: @MarissaMizroch