Get pumped for DM 2014!

Aditi Bhandari, Blogger

​It’s time.

​After months of canning in the freezing snow and sending out email blasts to every single human being even remotely related to you, the weekend of Dance Marathon is finally here. For those who have done this before, you’re probably familiar with the effort that it takes to pump yourself up for the weekend; just because the natural high that comes from dancing for 30 hours straight is simply incomparable.

​But I’m part of the 30-hour club, which is all the first-time participants: freshman, transfers or upperclassmen who have finally mustered up the courage to face this pinnacle of physical exertion. As a result, all I know about DM preparations is finding suitable props for the 10-minute costume changes and buying as many protein bars from the C-store as equivalency meals can buy. Some of the more motivated people have probably done research about how to fight exhaustion efficiently and how to maximize those 10 minutes to their optimum usage, along with tips on how to stay healthy during the whole ordeal AND lose all signs of the freshman 15 that piled up over winter break.

​But obviously, being a supremely lazy person who just happens to love to dance, I’ve spent my time coming up with a playlist that’ll help put me in the right mindset for the weekend! So here you go: a playlist of songs about dancing and songs that are guaranteed to get you dancing even before the 30 hours start!

​1. “Just Dance” — Lady Gaga Feat. Colby O’Donis

​2. “Dancing Queen” — ABBA

​3. “You Should Be Dancing” — Bee Gees

​4. “Macarena” — Los Del Rio

​5. “Dancing In The Street” — David Bowie & Mick Jagger

​6. “Dancing With Myself” — Billy Idol

​7. “I Could Have Danced All Night” — My Fair Lady Soundtrack

​8. “Dancing On My Own” — Robyn

​9. “Thriller” — Michael Jackson

​10. “Hey Ya!” — OutKast

​11. “U Can’t Touch This” — MC Hammer

​12. “I Love It” — Icona Pop Feat. Charli XCX

​13. “Can’t Hold Us” — Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Feat. Ray Dalton

​14. “Treasure” — Bruno Mars

​15. “Get Lucky” — Daft Punk Feat. Pharrell Williams

​16. “Timber” — Pitbull Feat. Ke$ha

Twitter: @Extra_Spice