Blotter: Feb. 14

Ciara McCarthy, City Editor

Evanston teen battered with baseball bat

Several people battered an Evanston teenager with a baseball bat Monday evening, police said.

Unknown people approached the 17-year-old boy after 5 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of Dodge Avenue, Evanston Police Cmdr. Jay Parrott said. The boy was hit with the bat at least once. Police responded at about 5:40 p.m., at which point the attackers had already left the scene. The 17-year-old was transported to Saint Francis Hospital for treatment for a possible dislocated shoulder, Parrott said.

Detectives are investigating the incident, Parrott said.

Thief steals vodka, Mucinex from Walgreens

A thief stole several hundred dollars worth of goods from Walgreens on Wednesday, police said.

A man entered the store, 635 Chicago Ave., just after 9 a.m. on Wednesday with a duffel bag, Parrott said. When he left the store, sensors at the door sounded. An employee reported the man stole several hundred dollars worth of items, including bottles of vodka, Mucinex, razor blades and body lotion, Parrott said.

Email: mccarthy@u.northwestern.edu
Twitter: @mccarthy_ciara

About the Writer
Ciara McCarthy, In Focus Editor
Ciara is a Weinberg senior majoring in American Studies. Her past positions at The Daily include editor in chief, managing editor, city editor and reporter. The Bethesda, Maryland native is also a Brady Scholar in Ethics and Civic Life. She previously interned for Slate and The Marshall Project. You can reach Ciara via Twitter or...