The Rundown: Jan. 23

Madonna apologizes for using a racial slur on Instagram

Excuse me, what? Madonna posted a picture of her 13-year-old son on Instagram with the caption, “No one messes with Dirty Soap! Mama said knock you out! #disn—a.” She then deleted the comment and replaced it with, “Ok let me start this again. #get off my d–k haters!” She then apologized the next day, saying, “It was not meant as a racial slur… I am not a racist … It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white. I appreciate that it’s a provocative word, and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me.” OK, as much as I love Madonna, it looks like she’s gone too far this time.

George Clooney responds to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler’s Golden Globe diss

At the Golden Globes, Tina Fey described the film “Gravity” as the “story of how George Clooney would rather float away into space and die than spend one more minute with a woman his own age.” Clooney jokingly responded that the two women have “poked the bear.” I’d like to see Clooney try and take down the dynamic comedy duo.

Justin Bieber could be deported 

Oh no, poor Biebs. After a police raid on his California mansion due to the alleged egging of his neighbor’s house, the police took J-Bieb’s phone in search of evidence. A narcotic substance was also found in his mansion, apparently belonging to his friend, rapper Lil Za. Worst-case scenario, the Biebs could be sent back to Canada, due to the minor detail that he is not actually an American citizen.

Twitter: 
@MollieCahillane

The Rundown: Jan. 23