Misdemeanor charges dropped against NU faculty for activity during pro-Palestinian encampment

ABC reporter Martha Raddatz to speak at Medill

Four-time Emmy Award-winning television reporter Martha Raddatz will speak at the McCormick Tribune Center on Oct. 17.

Raddatz will discuss journalism and foreign policy with Medill Prof. Timothy McNulty, the co-director of the school’s National Security Journalism Initiative. A chief global affairs correspondent for ABC News, Raddatz has covered nearly all aspects of foreign policy.

Raddatz’s journalism career has spanned more than two decades and includes coverage of wars and the White House. She served as national and foreign editor at the Chicago Tribune and moderated the 2012 vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Republican candidate Paul Ryan.

The Oct. 17 event is presented by Medill and as part of the Minow Visiting Professorship, which periodically brings distinguished members in the field of communication to speak at NU. The professorship was established in 1981 as the gift of Newton M. Minow (Communication ’49) and Josephine Baskin Minow (Weinberg ’48).

Raddatz was scheduled to come to campus April 18, but was unable to because she was covering the aftermath of the April 15 bombings at the Boston Marathon.

— Amy Whyte