Blotter: May 2

Tanner Maxwell, Reporter

Student sustains abdomen injury

A student was cut in the abdomen Monday after “playing around” with a classmate, Evanston police said.

The classmates were playing in the 1100 block of Washington Street when the student sustained the injury and saw blood, Cmdr. Jay Parrott said.

Parrott said no weapon was presented and it is unclear if the incident was a battery. Because of the student’s age, Parrott said he could not provide more specific details.

Woman stabbed in domestic dispute

A Chicago woman stabbed her ex-boyfriend’s girlfriend Monday, Parrott said.

The two women exchanged threats before the Chicago woman attacked the 18-year-old Evanston resident, Parrott said. The Evanston woman was treated at St. Francis Hospital, 355 Ridge Ave., located in the same block where she was stabbed, Parrott said.

The Evanston woman’s injuries were not life-threatening, Parrott said, and the 18-year-old was stabbed several times with a butcher knife on the left side of her body, including her thigh, breast, cheek, bicep, elbow and neck.

Parrott said police have identified the alleged stabber. They have attempted to locate her but have not made an arrest yet.

— Tanner Maxwell

View May 2 in a larger map

About the Writer
Tanner Maxwell, Digital Media Editor

Tanner Maxwell is digital media editor for The Daily and a Medill junior. His past positions include video editor, design editor and reporter. He is from Wichita, Kans., and has written for The Journal Times. His other campus commitments include Promotional Student Designs, where he is a senior designer.

Email: tannermaxwell2015@u.northwestern.edu