Blotter: April 30

Intoxicated pedestrians arrested in Evanston

Two pedestrians were arrested and charged with a city violation early Sunday morning in connection with underage drinking.

The people were arrested at about 1:25 a.m. Sunday on the 1700 block of Dempster Street. Evanston Police Department officers responded to a complaint and dispersed a large group that had gathered in the neighborhood. Group members were observed as being disturbingly loud, and one group member stated that he had been drinking.

Two individuals within the group failed to disperse after being asked by the police to do so. The 20-year-old Chicago resident and student and the 19-year-old Evanston resident were arrested. The two individuals were underage and intoxicated at the time and were later charged with a count of violation of city ordinance, said EPD Cmdr. Jay Parrott. The court date for both is set for May 28.

Man with gun reported in Evanston

Evanston police say a man with gun was spotted April 27 at about 2:15 p.m. on the intersection of Maple and Simpson streets.

Officers received a citizen call Saturday afternoon saying that the man was seen in a black Nissan. Police arrived on the scene and after some investigation, discovered a car that matched the description. The car was stopped and pulled over, but no guns were recovered within the vehicle and no arrests were made. The case is still an ongoing investigation, Parrott said.