Northwestern business, law programs stay near top of U.S. News rankings

Another year, another list praising Northwestern graduate programs.

U.S. News & World Report unveiled its latest graduate school rankings Tuesday with little movement in Northwestern’s standing in business, law, education, engineering and medical school programs.

The Kellogg School of Management remains the No. 4 business school, unchanged from last year. Northwestern School of Law and the Feinberg School of Medicine are also still at 12th and 18th place in their respective categories.

McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Sciences’ ranking dropped one place to 20th, and the School of Education and Social Policy placed 14th.

Rankings varied depending on the graduate program, with factors ranging from quality assessments to student selectivity and job placement.

Aside from the main U.S. News rankings, certain specializations within NU’s graduate offerings also received recognition.

Edging out the nearby Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago in the main rankings, Kellogg is now the top marketing program in a separate ranking of business school deans and MBA program directors.

The School of Law’s tax program placed fourth in a faculty ranking, and McCormick’s industrial/manufacturing/systems program tied for third with MIT and Stanford in a department head ranking.

— Manuel Rapada