Updated: Dance Marathon Block 6 cut short due to medical issue in tent; student ‘fine’ at hospital

Updated, 7:50 p.m. Saturday:

DM spokesman David Harris, a SESP junior, said DM’s executive board received confirmation from the hospital that the female student, who was transported after collapsing in the tent, is fine. Because of University policy, however, he said he could not give further comment.

Original story: 

Northwestern Dance Marathon’s sixth block ended an hour early due to a medical issue with a female student in the tent, confirmed DM spokespeople Katie Prentiss and David Harris.

Prentiss, a Medill senior, confirmed the student was being taken to the hospital. She has no pre-existing medical conditions that the two committee co-chairs said they were aware of. No further information is available at this time.

Dancers are in block change break until further notice. NUDM executive board members are in a meeting to determine the rest of the day’s schedule, including when to restart with Block 7.

“We are just going to move our schedule up a little bit,” Harris, a SESP junior, said.

— Paulina Firozi

Correction: A previous version of this story misstated the student was a dancer. DM spokesman David Harris confirmed the female student was not a dancer. The Daily regrets the error.