The Rundown: Week of Jan. 28

• J.J. Abrams has been named director of the new “Star Wars” movie. Abrams’ previous directing credits include the newly revamped “Star Trek” series, so he already has experience remaking a classic. Let the ultimate battle begin: Star Wars fans vs. Trekkies.
  • Miley Cyrus posed provocatively on the cover of the new issue of Cosmopolitan magazine. After leaving the hit Disney Channel show “Hannah Montana,” Cyrus has repeatedly tried to separate herself from her alter ego. The newly engaged starlet is still sporting her super-short, white-blond hairstyle, as well. Maybe she should try the Hannah wig again.
  • At the Screen Actors Guild  Awards, Jennifer Lawrence revealed when she got her first SAG card. In her acceptance speech, Lawrence thanked MTV for giving her her start. Turns out Lawrence starred in a series of promos for the hit series “My Super Sweet 16.” Looks like the show finally produced something other than a greedy teenager.
  • The “Boy Meets World” spin-off gets more real every day. Actress Rowan Blanchard has been cast to play Cory and Topanga’s daughter. Blanchard has been seen in “Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D” and “The Back-Up Plan.” She  is also the star of a wide range of YouTube videos featuring the 11-year-old singing Adele and Broadway songs. Here’s hoping the show does not turn into another musical variety show. We all know how that can turn out.
  • Rupert Sanders, “Snow White and the Huntsman” director, and his wife are not getting their happily ever after. Sanders’ wife officially filed for divorce after Sanders was spotted kissing “Huntsman” star Kristen Stewart. In the end, Stewart reunited with co-star Robert Pattinson. It’s hard to resist the charms of Edward Cullen.
  • In the latest celebrity documentary installment, Ke$ha will star in the new series “Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life.” The series will air on MTV and is directed by her brother, Lagen Sebert. Sadly the documentary series will probably show everything, even when she wakes up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy.
  • She’s finally getting her own show. After trying to overshadow her daughters on “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” Kris Jenner will host a talk show starting this summer. The show, appropriately titled “Kris,” will consist of typical talk show standards: celebrity interviews, beauty and fashion tips and a heavy dose of narcissism.
The Rundown: Week of Jan. 28