Blotter: Suspicious man arrested, student seizure, stamps stolen

Suspicious man seen, arrested near Seabury

A suspicious man caught trespassing on Northwestern’s campus was arrested Monday, police said.

An NU student saw the man at the Seabury-Western Theological Seminary , 2122 Sheridan Rd., around 5:55 p.m. Monday, said University Police Deputy Chief Dan McAleer. The student told police the man was standing with his hands in his overcoat pockets and staring at people.

The student then followed the man across the street to Sheil Catholic Center, 2110 Sheridan Rd., where he did the same thing, McAleer said. The student then called police.

The man refused to tell police his name and gave a false birth date, McAleer said. Police found out the man had been caught trespassing on campus twice before and had been given a warning not to return.

The 26-year-old man, Christopher Minor of the 4800 block of Chicago Avenue, was taken into custody but was released on bond, McAleer said. He has been charged with criminal trespassing on private land.

Student has seizure at 1835 Hinman dining hall

An NU student had a seizure in the dining hall of 1835 Hinman on Tuesday evening, police said.

The student told police she began to feel dizzy while waiting in line for food and fainted around 6:35 p.m. A witness reported the incident to police.

The student was taken to Evanston Hospital, 2650 Ridge Ave.

Burglar takes stamp collection, nothing else

A burglar broke into a residence on Foster Street and took a stamp collection sometime in the past week, police said.

The man who reported the crime was gone from his residence on the 1000 block of Foster Street from Saturday to Tuesday, said Evanston Police Cmdr. Tom Guenther.

Only a stamp collection appeared to be missing, Guenther said.

– Katie Park