Police Blotter

July 15: Parked car stolen from Evanston residence

A champagne-colored 1997 Toyota Corolla was stolen Wednesday from 812 Dodge Ave.

The perpetrators took the vehicle while it was parked on the street, sometime between 11:15 a.m. and 1:25 p.m., Evanston Police Cmdr. James Pickett said.

“Her keys were accounted for, and they did not observe any glass on the street,” he said. “They don’t know how it was stolen.”

He added that no information about the offenders exists. Police are currently following up on the investigation.

July 16: Perpetrator throws ax from moving car

An ax was thrown from a moving vehicle at another car at 1829 Hartrey Ave. Thursday, Pickett said.

The victim told police he was entering into his friend’s vehicle around 9:14 p.m. when he observed a second car speeding past and an unknown subject who attempted to hit him with the ax.

The ax missed him, but dented the car, Pickett said. He added that there are no suspects.

July 15: Parking sticker reportedly stolen from car

A City of Evanston sticker was stolen from the inside windshield of an Evanston resident’s car, police said.

The victim, who realized the sticker was missing when he received a parking violation, said he believes the theft occurred on July 13 between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. His car was reportedly undergoing repair in an auto shop, Pickett said.

“He didn’t even know the city sticker was missing until he got a ticket,” Pickett said, adding that no collectable evidence existed, and the perpetrator remains unknown.

July 18: Juveniles set fire to picnic table

Four juveniles lit a picnic table on fire Saturday at Martin Luther King Jr. Lab Experimental School, 2424 Lake St..

Officers responded to a report of drug-related activity at about 4:30 p.m. The caller stated that he or she observed the youths, all males, lighting a picnic table on fire before they proceeded to try and extinguish the fire with a melted Popsicle, Pickett said.

“They moved to another table where they rolled up a marijuana cigarette,” he said. “When the witness confronted the boys, they became verbally abusive.”

He added the police will not follow up on the investigation, but will monitor the area for the time being.

July 18: Unattended snow cone machine reported missing

A snow cone machine was stolen Saturday from 1802 Jenks St., police said.

The victim rented the machine for a block party and left it unattended in the alley behind McCulloch Park, Pickett said. Unknown subject(s) took the snow cone machine sometime between July 18 at 2 p.m. and July 19 at 11:15 am.

Pickett added no suspect information exists, and police are conducting a follow-up investigation.