The Week In Review

It’s hard to pull together a themed issue when you have a dozen writers tackling different stories and handling different – sometimes complicated – sources, so we decided that if we were going to do it just once this quarter we would focus on something that almost everyone seems to enjoy (at least reading about). With Valentine’s Day coming up in two days we thought that this issue would be perfect for a collection of stories about love and sex. And if you don’t have someone to sleep with come Saturday, curl up with this issue. Anchored by Nick Teddy’s compelling cover story about the relationship between a professor and a student, our sex issue also includes an interview with Joan Slavin, Northwestern’s new director of the Office of Sexual Harassment Prevention; a Peer Advisor story with Elsa, a professional matchmaker in Chicago, who will tell you how to get the girl; a collection of three different gift options for your special Valentine in our Taste Test; a Culture Feature about Craigslist’s missed connections and people who have used it in Evanston; and a Head First done by Daily reporter Alexandra Finkel who bravely participated in a downtown pole dancing class to bring you the inside scoop on the “sexy fitness” fad.