Confirmed And Denied

BOOTED FROM THE BESTRecruitment counselors from Kappa Alpha Theta were kicked out of the program for writing a letter complaining about being forced to stay at the local Best Western while Rush was taking place. (It is ridiculous; we wonder who funds the mini-vacation, but we understand that it’s a time-honored tradition that must stand should wanna-be sisters hide in the trees and discover which houses their idols reside in.) The booted counselors were replaced by members of Kappa Kappa Gamma, the stereotypically rich sorority whose members probably spent the week wondering if all the rooms at the Orrington were booked.SAY YES TO SPANKIESShocking advice: If you’re going to do something stupid and/or involving nudity, don’t videotape it. How many slutty celebrities and post-sextape reality shows must air before people realize this? A lot, apparently. After members the women’s soccer team showed off their lapdance and hazing abilities in 2006, badjocks.com besmirched NU’s name and royally pissed off a lot of people who file paperwork up at Ryan Field. During Fall Quarter, the Athletic Department told athletes that a professional Facebook stalker was being hired to check up on them. Every wall post, picture and comment would be run through a program looking for terribly inappropriate words like “party.” Formerly, athletes were asked to take certain material down, but not by someone being paid with hard-earned football cash. One player had to remove pictures from Dance Marathon, since her 80s themed costume showed a tiny strip of her stomach. Meanwhile, cross country runners compete in a bra and underwear-like spankies; does anyone see the irony? Each team was given the opportunity to say “yes” or “no” to the proposition, which apparently had no effect on the measure itself. I guess when you’re paying someone’s way through college, you have some license to impose restrictions. “This is just ridiculous,” says one athlete. “I mean, where do you draw the line between inappropriate and just normal college stuff?”ROLLIN’ TO GO ON WHEELSIt’s 12 o’clock on a Thursday, you’re inexplicably smashed, it’s snowing outside, and you’re way too burnt to walk somewhere to satisfy your drunken cravings. What’s a student to do? Lovers of gourmet sandwiches, now is your hour; For the last few months, campus favorite Rollin’ to Go has offered a delivery service to gain an edge over other local eateries as the temperature rapidly drops below the age of consent. “Business has gone up, especially with the weather the way it is,” managing Tom Camastro says. Unsurprising, but when have Northwestern students ever wanted to bear the cold? Camastro says they haven’t gotten many unreasonable orders, but he expects it to get crazy on Dillo Day, when students will be at their most impulsive. The only unusual habit he’s noticed are the delivery requests from right down the street – even with a minimum charge and delivery fees. Camastro says he doesn’t mind; he’s happy to push the beverages and snacks as a way for students to get over the $10 minimum, and surprisingly enough, they’re not bad tippers. What better way to spend daddy’s money then on drunken munchies?IT’S IN THE CARDSThis year, girls participating in Rush were required to pref the houses that they wanted to live in by hand using cards provided because recruitment counselors did not have access to computers. Why did they not have access to computers? Because last year’s counselors downloaded the spreadsheets onto their own personal machines so that they could go through the lists in an effort to give their houses better return rates.