The Weekly Memo

It’s a new quarter, it’s Sex Week, it’s finally sort of warm. That’s a lot to celebrate. Here at the Weekly, we’ve gone through a few staff changes and with them came some new ideas. First the good news: the movie adaptation of Audrey Niffenegger’s The Time Traveler’s Wife is being filmed in Evanston, so get ready to start telling your friends about Rachel McAdams sightings – she’ll be starring in the film (pg. 9).

But if, like poor McAdams undoubtedly will, you felt a bit stalked by the men of Europe while abroad, then you’re sure to enjoy our cover story on the less positive aspects of international travel (pg. 6). But, when it comes down to it, you should still go abroad: our new Anticipation Index is looking at the super-cool events happening on campus each week. And let us tell you, things look bleak. Kind of like R.E.M’s new album, which we review (on pg. 12).

And the bad news: we’ll be exposing more student antics in our online commenters’ perennial favorites, Confirmed & Denied and Social Diary (pg. 3). Maybe one week we’ll actually deny something! But what we can’t deny is that every freakin’ girl on campus is rocking bangs (we like them! we do!), so our new Taste Test feature shows you the best deals in our dear old suburb (pg. 5). Keep reading, and getting banged, or whatever you kids are up to these days… social diary?