Georgia looks to stay on top of the SEC East

#18 Auburn (7-3) at #10 Georgia (7-2)

Saturday November 10th, 2:30 PM CT CBS

Line: Georgia -1

Just a season ago Georgia, which had lost four-of-five games at the time, defeated Auburn by 18 and ended the War Eagle’s chances of a national championship. Since then the Bulldogs have won 10 of their last 12 games. This is Auburn’s opportunity to return the favor. Auburn’s defense has been dominant, giving up a combined 14 points to Vanderbilt and Arkansas. Senior quarterback Brandon Cox will control the game for the Tigers. Georgia’s sophomore quarterback Matthew Stafford will have a good day, but Georgia will lose the battle of turnovers. Auburn 17, Georgia 14.

#17 USC (7-2) at Cal (6-3)

Saturday November 10th, 7 PM CT, ABC

Line: USC -4

What was expected to be the game of the year in the Pac-10 is now just the game of the week. Despite its two losses, USC could still make a BCS bowl game with wins over Cal, Arizona State and UCLA in the next three weeks. Cal, on the other hand, could save its up-and-down season by defeating the Trojans. USC’s defense has been stellar this season, and now ranks third in the nation. Cal will rely on its playmakers: senior running back Justin Forsett and do-it-all junior DeSean Jackson. Senior quarterback John David Booty is back and impressed against Oregon State last week. He will do it again in the Rose Bowl. USC 34, Cal 28.

Arkansas (6-3) vs. #24 Tennessee (6-3)

Saturday November 10th, 11:30 AM CT

Line: Even

Just as junior running back Darren McFadden’s Heisman chances seemed to be fading, he rushed for 321 yards against South Carolina. While the Razorbacks are out of the SEC race, they can play a huge role as spoilers in defeating Tennessee this week and LSU in two weeks. The Volunteers are mediocre against the run, but ironically Cal was the only team with a 100-yard rusher to defeat Tennessee. The key for UT will be controlling the clock using its balanced attack, led by senior quarterback Erik Ainge. Tennessee will put up huge passing numbers and Arkansas will put up big rushing numbers. The lack of a solid run defense will be the Volunteers’ downfall. Arkansas 35, Tennessee 31.

#15 Florida (6-3) at South Carolina (6-4)

Saturday November 10th, 6:45 PM CT, ESPN

Line: Florida -6.5

Any time Steve Spurrier matches up with the Gators, it is a game to circle on the SEC schedule. Last week the Gamecocks allowed 542 rushing yards and four touchdowns to Arkansas. While Florida’s rushing attack isn’t great, it gets the job done. Sophomore quarterback Tim Tebow holds the conference single-season record for rushing touchdowns with 14. Sophomore wide receiver Percy Harvin and junior running back Kestahn Moore combined for more than 200 rushing yards last week. South Carolina will be forced to pass with senior quarterback Blake Mitchell, who has been hit or miss thus far. South Carolina is beaten up and has been struggling too much to win this game. Florida 45, South Carolina 38.

#13 UCONN (8-1) at Cincinnati (7-2)

Saturday November 10th, 2:30 PM CT

Line: Cincinnati -5.5

The Huskies currently sit atop the Big East but Cincinnati, with three straight wins, can realistically win the conference. UCONN wins by playing small ball. The Huskies control the clock by keeping the ball in the hands of sophomore running backs Andre Dixon and Donald Brown. Cincinnati has only allowed one 100-yard rusher this season. Quarterback Ben Mauk may struggle against UCONN’s staunch secondary, but Mauk will do enough down the stretch to lead the Bearcats to a home victory. Cincinnati 24, UCONN 17.