LSU tries to stay in title hunt against Bama (Gameday)

#3 LSU (7-1) at #17 Alabama (6-2)

Saturday November 3rd, 4 PM CT, CBS

Line: LSU -7.5

Nick Satan (Saban) and Les Miles have led the obvious story line this week, with Saban facing the school he led to a share of the national championship in 2003. But this SEC match up features so much more than that. Miles will lead the Bayou Bengals into Tuscaloosa coming off of a bye. The Tigers didn’t rest, however, with sophomore quarterback Ryan Perilloux and freshman linebacker Derrick Odom getting in a bar fight. The Tigers just can’t win; they’ll have to win with style to stay in the national title contention and keep the SEC West lead. The game will be close for 3 quarters, but it means too much to Saban and the Crimson Tide. Alabama 24, LSU 20.

#10 S. Carolina (6-3) at #23 Ark. (5-3)

Saturday November 3rd, 7 PM CT, ESPN2

Line: Arkansas -5

Arkansas features the nation’s best rushing attack with a dual-headed attack in juniors Darren McFadden and Felix Jones. Lost in the hype has been the Razorbacks’ defense, which has allowed only 9.8 points per game over the last five contests. South Carolina doesn’t have an offensive attack to keep up with Arkansas, and with the Ol’ Ball Coach playing musical quarterbacks the Gamecocks will have a difficult time passing. The Hogs are 1-3 in SEC play thus far, and need to get back on track with their last true home game of the season. McFadden and Jones will rush for a combined 250 yards in a dominating win. Arkansas 35, South Carolina 24.

#4 Arizona St. (8-0) vs. #5 Oregon (7-1)

Saturday November 3rd, 5:40 PM CT, ESPN

Line: Oregon -7

No longer do USC, Cal and UCLA control the Pac-10. Both the Sun Devils and the Ducks are coming off of impressive Pac-10 wins and will battle for league supremacy in Eugene. It’s been six and 11 years respectively since Oregon and Arizona State have won the Pac-10. Each team is in the top 20 in points scored, so expect the game to turn into a shootout. If that’s the case, give a slight edge to the Ducks and senior quarterback Dennis Dixon. Dixon (16 touchdowns and 3 interceptions) directs an offense that is fourth in the nation in yards per game, fifth in scoring, and sixth in passing efficiency. Oregon 49, Arizona State 42.

#24 Wake Forest (6-2) at #23 Virginia (7-2)

Saturday November 3rd, 11 AM CT

Line: Wake Forest -1

The Demon Deacons and Cavaliers are headed in different directions. Wake Forest lost its first two games of the season to Boston College and Nebraska, but has won six straight. Virginia lost its opening contest of the season at Wyoming, won seven straight games, and lost last week at NC State. The ‘Hoo Crew won its last three games by a combined four points and have won five games by six points or fewer. Virginia has won 19 of the teams’ last 20 meetings, and this week will feature more of the same. Virginia 20, Wake Forest 17.

Rutgers (5-3) at #13 UCONN (7-1)

Saturday November 3rd, 6:15 PM CT

Line: UCONN -2.5

UCONN looks to extend its lead in the Big East to a full game as it faces the Scarlet Knights in East Hartford’s Rentschler Field, where the Huskies are 5-0 this season. Rutgers, though, holds an 18-8 advantage in the all-time series. Junior running back Ray Rice leads the Big East in rushing yards and rushed for 217 yards against the UCONN defense just two seasons ago. Junior-college transfer Tyler Lorenzen will look to extend the Huskies’ record to 8-1 for the first time in school history, but Rice and Rutgers will defeat UCONN, its second top-25 team this season. Rutgers hasn’t defeated two ranked teams in a season since 1988. Rutgers 31, UCONN 28.