Q & A: Spencer Tollackson

Q: In everyday life, what’s it like being so tall (6 foot 9)?

A: It’s definitely got its perks and disadvantages. Whenever you’re in a big crowd, you feel like you stick out like a sore thumb, like everybody’s looking at you sometimes. But you never have to worry about not being able to see at a movie or something, so it’s ok.

Q: If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

A: A Chipotle chicken burrito, because it’s a good source of nutrition.

Q: What’s your favorite movie?

A: I’m not sure about my favorite, but one of the better movies I’ve seen recently is Lucky Number Slevin. It had to deal with the mafia and had a really good plot line to it.

Q: If you could date any celebrity, who would it be?

A: I would have to say Charlize Theron, just because I’m a sucker for blondes and I’ve seen a lot of her movies. She’s amazing, so it would have to be her.

Q: When did you get your earrings and why did you decide to get them?

A: I was a sophomore in high school, and me and one of my buddies though it would be cool to (pierce our ears) so we did it ourselves in my friend’s basement. It hurt like hell.

Q: What’s the most enjoyable class you’ve taken at Minnesota?

A: It would have to be a theatre class I took called “Creating a Performance.” We learned all the tricks of the trade for beginning actors.

Q: What is it like coming to Northwestern to play a game?

A: It’s different. My freshman year, we didn’t play there. So last year was the first time I’d played there. When you first walk in, it reminds you a lot of a high school atmosphere, just the way it’s shaped and the way everything looks. I definitely have heard things in the past about how their fans weren’t any good, but I was surprised with how good their fans were.

Q: Out of all the places you’ve played in your career, what was your favorite?

A: I’d have to say either Michigan State or Illinois, because those are two really good teams and the atmosphere there is bananas.

Q: In high school you played baseball and threw a fastball in the high 80s. What was your favorite part about pitching?

A: I kind of like a variety of sports in my life. You’re in the gym all winter, and when spring would call, you get a chance to go outside and enjoy the weather a little bit.

– Andrew Simon