The race to the Rose Bowl begins (Gameday)

Iowa at No. 18 Michigan

Time: 2:30 p.m.

Place: Ann Arbor, Mich.

Line: Michigan by 13

TV: ABC

Records: Iowa 2-1, 0-0 Big Ten, Michigan 2-1, 0-0

What’s at stake: Michigan is looking for revenge against Iowa, which gave the Wolverines their only conference loss last season and their biggest loss at home since 1967 two seasons ago. The Hawkeyes are looking to bounce back from a crushing defeat at Arizona State last weekend that dropped them out of the top 25.

Overview: Michigan starts true freshmen at key positions on offense — quarterback and running back. Signal caller Chad Henne will be put under the microscope, while running back Mike Hart will attempt to solidify an inexperienced rushing attack after carrying the ball 25 times for 121 yards last weekend against San Diego State. Iowa’s secondary looked pitiful in a 44-7 beating at Arizona State, in which Sun Devils’ quarterback Andrew Walter passed for 428 yards and five touchdowns in the game. The Hawkeyes were also in danger of being shut out for the first time in four years until a late touchdown with 18 seconds left.

No. 15 Purdue at Illinois

Time: 11 a.m.

Place: Champaign, Ill.

Line: Purdue by 21.5

TV: ESPN Plus

Records: Purdue 2-0, 0-0, Illinois 2-1, 0-0

What’s at stake: Purdue will be making its first road trip of the season but shouldn’t be tested. Illinois is looking for its first win over a quality opponent in two years.

Overview: Purdue quarterback Kyle Orton is a full-fledged Heisman candidate and should be able to put up gaudy numbers on a weaker Illinois squad. The Boilermakers have outscored their opponents 110-7 this season, so this one could get ugly. Illinois barely scraped out a win last weekend over a Western Michigan team picked to finish in the middle of the Mid-American Conference. The Illinois defense has surrendered an average of 25 points and 415 yards per game.

Penn State at Wisconsin

Time: 4:45 p.m.

Place: Madison, Wisc.

Line: Wisconsin by 3.5

TV: ESPN

Records: Penn State 2-1, 0-0, Wisconsin 3-0, 0-0

What’s at stake: Wisconsin is seeking to open up with four straight wins for the second time in three seasons. The Badgers have won three out of the last four meetings between the two teams and were victorious 30-23 last year in Happy Valley.

Overview: Wisconsin returns home to balmy Madison after playing in Tropical Storm Javier at Arizona last weekend. The Badgers will be without injured running back Anthony Davis for the third consecutive game, so sophomore Booker Stanley and freshman Jamil Walker will be forced to carry the load. Penn State quarterback Zack Mills is looking to right the ship after giving up six turnovers last week against Central Florida, while running back Tony Hunt is gunning for his third 100-yard game of the season.

Michigan State at

Indiana

Time: 11 a.m.

Place: Bloomington, Ind.

Line: Michigan State by 2.5

TV: ESPN Plus

Records: Michigan State 1-2, 0-0, Indiana 2-1, 0-0

What’s at stake: Michigan State will try to find some stability at quarterback after utilizing three different signal callers this season. Indiana will try to shake off a tough road loss at Kentucky last weekend after beating Oregon at home two weeks ago.

Overview: Michigan State kick returner DeAndre Cobb will attempt to tie the conference record of five kickoff return touchdowns in the game. Spartans’ coach John L. Smith won’t announce his starter at quarterback until kickoff, but a healthier Drew Stanton appears ready to take over the job after an offseason injury. Indiana will look to shore up a defense that allowed 355 rushing yards last week at Kentucky while the Hoosiers’ offense will attempt to cross the 30-point barrier for the fourth consecutive game.