ASG expects a sign-up surge at deadline for Spring Break

ASG organizers expect an increase in student reservations for the Spring Break to Acapulco, Mexico, with today’s deadline to reserve a spot.

Students who want to participate in the trip must turn in the $100 deposit to Norris Box Office. Travelers also need to turn in a legal waiver and, if they are traveling in a group of more than 10 people, a group discount form.

Those who miss the deadline still can go on the trip if they pay by Feb. 10, but they will be charged an extra $30.

Joel Richlin, ASG public relations chairman, said there is unlimited space on the trip, and arrangements are flexible. Participants do not have to attend Northwestern or have ties to the campus to go to Acapulco.

Organizers focused on advertising to bolster support after a low turnout for last spring’s trip. Students groups were sent e-mails about the vacation’s discount opportunities, and campus members received a mailing about the trip before Winter Break.

Richlin declined to comment on preliminary registration numbers but said the trip was well received by students.

He also said he believed there would be a lot of students registering at the last minute.

“I expect the bulk of people are waiting until today to turn their money in,” Richlin said.

Information about the trip and downloadable forms are available on HereAndNow, or can be found at www.ststravel.com/northwestern.cgi.