Local police: Fatal shooting of Chicago man not carjacking

Though police have questioned suspects, no progress has been made in solving the Oct. 24 shooting that killed a Chicago man.

“Some people have been questioned, but they were released,” said Cmdr. Michael Perry of the Evanston Police Department.

He said the department has no new leads on the case, the second fatal shooting in Evanston this year.

Police found 19-year-old Joseph Harry Isibor Fouche lying in McDonald’s parking lot, 1117 Howard St., around 11:56 p.m. after residents reported hearing shots in the area.

Fouche was shot once in the head and once in the groin. He was taken to St. Francis Hospital, where he died the next day.

Family members say Fouche’s death was the result of a carjacking.

Harry Fouche, 49, said his son was carjacked while driving to Evanston to pick up some friends.

Perry said there is no “carjacking scenario” but would not comment on case details.

He said the matter is still being investigated by EPD and the North Regional Major Crimes Task Force.

NORTAF is a team of regional law enforcement officials that investigates all major violent crimes in 11 communities, including Evanston, Skokie and Wilmette.

Authorities are requesting anyone with information about this incident to call EPD at 847-866-5000, extension 5040, or NORTAF at 847-853-7580.